Welcome to the Belgravia Law newsletter
As many of you know last year we launched Belgravia Law, a dispute resolution boutique firm providing international legal strategies in times of crisis.
Located in the heart of Belgravia, our team of highly qualified, multi-lingual lawyers has a wealth of experience handling complex disputes, with deep expertise ranging from commercial litigation and international arbitration to IT, cryptocurrency, sanctions and matrimonial disputes.
Operating efficiently in this fast-moving environment of geopolitical challenges requires not only innovating thinking and agile strategies, but an in-depth understanding of the evolving legal environment.
Belgravia Law provides you counsel in your time of need. We are experts in international arbitration & commercial litigation, and have industry experience from banking & finance to cryptocurrency & technology.
In this globalising world where tactics must transcend borders we work by your side to defend, secure and advance your interests across languages, culture and jurisdictions.
Our experience in arbitration covers all major arbitral centres; we both defend the interests of investors and are well versed in working with sovereigns. Belgravia works with you as a partner, guiding you through the process, selecting the most knowledgeable arbitrators, and securing the best possible outcome.
In commercial litigation, our ability to handle complex financial matters is frequently called upon. We are regularly instructed to protect, freeze, trace, or seize assets, an expertise that can be particularly valuable in cases involving fraud, insolvency, or situations where swift action is necessary to secure or recover assets before they are dissipated. Our deep understanding of the environment also means we are perfectly positioned to support you defend your own interests.
Our recent work includes:
- acting for a real estate developer in a High Court joint venture dispute in relation to property located abroad;
- representing the minority shareholders of a mining plc in a corporate dispute to the value of £10 billion; and
- representing the Part 20 Defendant in a shareholder dispute. The dispute involved multiple IT businesses, including one particularly well-known in the domain of mobile navigation applications. As a result of our work, the client was able to negotiate a drop hands settlement to this multi-million dollar claim for a fraction of that cost in legal fees.
This experience includes work on shareholder disputes, alternative forms of disputes, as well as multi-jurisdictional asset recovery. To find out more about out how we can support you, please click here
Our recent work includes:
- representing a CIS state in an ICSID arbitration relating to an investment into a strategically crucial telecommunications company;
- representing a Latin American State in an ICSID arbitration arising out of the alleged expropriation of concessions;
- acting for a claimant in a commercial dispute against an African State under ICC Rules; and
- representing an African State in an ICSID arbitration relating to a multi-billion construction project.
Belgravia Law was honoured to sponsor the Kazakh Winter Law Update in London.
London Sanctions Advisors Association - Business Breakfast on 31 January 2024
Bringing together the leading lights of the CIS dispute resolution world, the event discussed the evolving legal environment, recourses to resolve disputes in Kazakhstan and developments at the Astana International Financial Centre.
Belgravia Law is supporting an event by the London Sanctions Advisors Association (LSAA) at Steptoe International where former U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) official Andrew Adams will give an inside look at the DOJ and discuss the recent developments and enforcements trends in sanctions, anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, crypto and on the department’s enforcement priorities moving forward.
Going forward, we will use this newsletter to share insight and analysis of the legal landscape across our specialist areas of litigation, international arbitration, sanctions and more, and we look forward to working with you in the future!
Our lawyers are here to work by your side to guide you through the legal landscape across borders.